[GRASS-PSC] RFC1 vote reminder

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 07:47:05 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote:

> It seems funny to discuss, revise, [,repeat] while voting is open. The
> call for votes should signal the end of discussion. (me: sorry for
> being AWOL!) Changing the RFC after a vote is called must be banned,
> wait for the next RFC to fix it. Otherwise an early +1 vote is for
> something they haven't seen!

ps - I think RFC1.1, 1.2, 1.3 is fine to do for minor edits. I suggest
current voting be for RFC1(.0) [if I figured my time zones right* that's
rev 1.5 in CVS] and not for any changes since Paul called the vote. We
can fix it in the next round.

Actually, any post-call edits to the RFC in CVS (including minor) is
probably a "-1" veto offense from me (call for a restart), but I'll
think this over before wasting y'alls time & calling for a new vote on
the updated document. (obviously adding URLs etc is harmless, but it is
a very bad precedent and suggests an unfinished document)
[only affects RFC1]

[*] aaah, that's 4 _working_ days. I withdraw objection to the voting
period.

Hamish