[GRASS-PSC] grass manual translations

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 06:00:31 EST 2008

Helena Mitasova wrote:
> If I don't hear more comments I will email Nicolas that he does not
> need a letter from us, he can go ahead and print his material and
> read the GPL2 for more details on how to handle it.

So he (or his publisher) doesn't get a rude shock later, make sure he
understands the part in the GPL which states that the derived work must
give its recipients the same rights as he was given, ie it must be
covered by the GPL as well. If he doesn't want the non-GRASS derived
parts of his book to be covered by the GPL he must print it as two
separate booklets.

A letter could be as simple as "You may redistribute the GRASS manuals,
and works derived from them, under the terms of the GPL version 2 or
newer."

Hamish