[GRASS-PSC] Re: [Incubator] Motion: GRASS to Graduate Incubation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jan 24 17:20:32 EST 2008

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:

> I motion that the Incubation Committee recommends GRASS to the OSGeo Board
> of Directors for graduation from incubation with Markus Neteler as project
> liaison officer.

After running GRASS against the the (unofficial) project Graduation
Checklist at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Graduation_Checklist I have a
couple of questions:

1- Bug tracker: GRASS started using OSGeo's Trac system only a couple of
weeks ago and there are only 23 tickets at the moment. I found refs to 2
other bug tracking systems used in the past here
http://grass.itc.it/bugtracking/index.php ... will any effort be made to
maintain the bug history (import in Trac or maintain old servers?) or is
this not important to the project members?

2- Does the GRASS project have or plan to have some kind of automated
testing and/or buildbot system?

I don't consider either of these to be blockers for graduation and
otherwise everything else seems fine to me, so please count my +1 vote
on the motion for GRASS to graduate.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette