[GRASS-PSC] Re: Copyright and License Statement: affiliation change

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Tue Mar 25 10:22:41 EDT 2008

Hi,
I agree, no sense in keeping an outdated address. And ok also for the
suggestion from Frank.
+1

Maxi

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi PSC,
>>
>>  in our COPYING file and other places we still list FBK as primary
>>  headquarter. Martin suggested to change that (although he's still there).
>>  http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/COPYING
>>
>>  Proposal (although I would prefer an European address ;-) ):
>>

> According to the responses, we can split this into two
> parts:
>
> A)

>>  The Geographic Resources Analysis and Support System (GRASS)
>>  Geographic Information System (GIS) is Copyright by the
>>  GRASS Development Team headquartered at the
>>  Open Source Geospatial Foundation, USA.
>>

> I suggest to accept the suggestion from Frank:
>
> "is Copyright by members of the GRASS Development Team..."
>

> B)
>
>>  Questions regarding GRASS GIS should be directed to the
>>  GRASS Development Team at the following address:
>>
>>   GRASS Development Team
>>   c/o M. Neteler (GRASS PSC Chair)
>>   Fondazione Mach  -  Centre for Alpine Ecology
>>   38100 Viote del Monte Bondone (Trento)
>>   Italy
>>   neteler osgeo.org
>>   http://grass.osgeo.org/community/team.php
>>

> I have taken liberty to change my affiliation. It doesn't make
> sense to keep an outdated address here. Note that this affected
> 3 files or so.

> thousands of files but just COPYING and likewise.
>
> Markus

Dr. Massimiliano Cannata
Environmental & Geomatic Engineer

Institute of Earth Scences - SUPSI
Trevano, C.P. 72, CH-6952 Canobbio, SWITZERLAND

Tel:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 14
Fax:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 09
E-mail: massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch

Web: