[GRASS-PSC] Proposal to include the ccmath LGPL'd library into GRASS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 18:12:00 EDT 2009

Hi Soeren,
This is not really a matter for the GRASS PSC. When the PSC approves SVN
commit access for a developer he/she is then permitted to make changes in
SVN as he/she sees fit. Technical issues are in general resolved by
achieving consensus on the developers' mailing list, and the PSC only
arbitrates as a last resort if consensus cannot be achieved. I think
in this instance Hamish suggested it might be a PSC matter because of the
licensing issue - but the simple solution is to re-licence the LGPL code
as GPL when it goes into GRASS, to keep everything under the same licence
(but as I said this is IMHO a matter for the developers' list...)

Just to be clear - the GRASS PSC doesn't interfere in technical
development issues
Hope this is helpful
best regards

Paul