[GRASS-PSC] Proposal: "donate some money to squash your most annoying bug"

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 22 19:24:14 EDT 2010

at first I was quite excited about it but when I thought about potential unintended consequences
it appeared to me that people may stop submitting bug fixes for free and just wait until
enough people are willing to pay for it. I would wait to see how it works out for QGIS community.
It may have an effect of reduced bug fixing unless there is a good pool of money
to get the fixes done.
Organizing set of needed bug fixes into an interesting GSoC project or student class project
may be safer,

Helena