[GRASS-PSC] Sponsoring the GRASS Community Sprint in Prague

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 8 06:32:46 EST 2011

Dear PSC,

I would like to lauch some concrete sponsoring for the
GRASS Community Sprint in Prague in May 2011. I am sure
that we could apart from community members also companies
and institutional sponsors to support this and future events.

So far there only limited donations could be collected but
we never forced that not advertised the idea. An interesting
"addon" is the fact that the GFOSS.it associations *doubles*
donations up to a certain limit. I admit that I was not aware
of this till the recent Italian GRASS-GFOSS conference in
Trento. So, let's use that, too!

In my opinion the yet low rate of donations is caused by the
lack of concrete targets - why should money be donated... But
now we have a concrete goal, the support of this event.

Before writing official announcements we should clarify how
support could look like - "upon request" to get the travel to
Prague co-funded or in-kind support by paying lunches or
whatever to the participants?

Please post your suggestions!

Best,