[GRASS-PSC] PSC management

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Aug 2 10:44:00 PDT 2012

PSC,

I believe that we need to go on and start the process to
renew parts of the PSC.

List of current PSC members:
- Hamish Bowman
- Helena Mitasova
- Markus Neteler (chair)
- Massimiliano Cannata
- Michael Barton
- Scott Mitchell

Unclear:
- Paul Kelly (please express clearly if you wish to continue)

Former PSC members (correct me if I am wrong):
- Brad Douglas
- Dylan Beaudette
- Maciej Sieczka

In essence we have 3 or 4 slots available.

Operational suggestions:
- The list be clarified, updated and posted to the PSC list.
- Chair writes to the community list to gather nominations
  for the vacant PSC seats, indicating the current remaining
  members.
- If more nominations than slots occur, a discussion will be held
  to obtain a decision.

If there are no objections, I'll proceed like this.

Best,
Markus

PS: If there is any desire to replace the current PSC Chairman,
    please express this on the mailing list. Nothing is set in stone
    of course :)