[GRASS-PSC] winGRASS6/7 and python - funding to improve the actual situation?

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 01:51:01 PST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as suggested by Margherita, I put it here in the PSC.
>
> there are open tickets related to winGRASS6/7 and python, both
> osgeo4w-stack
> and standalone installer:
>
> - related to nice and smart grass6-addons written in python and winGRASS6
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1555
>
> - related to invoking python-scripts in general
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1871
>
> both are based upon the same issue, finding the python interpreter. so
> winGRASS6/7-python could be improved, also with a view to the users.
>
> maybe funding a dedicated python developer to solve this issue would be
> nice
> and worth at some point?

At the moment, the GRASS project doesn't have a bank account for gathering
and manage funds for the project. See for example previous discussion about
the fund raising for the GRASS community sprint.. If you know any developer
willing to accomplish the task, the most simple way to me seems to suggest
him/her to start a pledge, something like:

http://www.pledgebank.com/postgistopology

What do you think?

Regards,
madi

--
Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.