[GRASS-PSC] Long time preservation of GRASS-related publications

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Fri Jan 18 01:41:12 PST 2013

Dear PSC,

I just noticed that the Abstracts from the 2004 GRASS Users Conference in Bangkok have disappeared from the net. Archived links like this one

ftp://ftp.rrzn.uni-hannover.de/pub/mirror/grass/conferences/conf_bangkok2004.html

have ceased to work.

Is there (already) a save haven within the GRASS continuum were such information can be preserved for further reference and study ? If this is not the case, we should start thinking about it.

FWIW, I'd glady provide an ISO of the proceedings CD of this particular conference.

I wonder if other long-time GRASS users have kept copies of the Proceedings of even older conferences from the 19[8|9]0s ?

Best,
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Löwe