[GRASS-PSC] Long time preservation of GRASS-related publications

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 02:49:02 PST 2013

For what it's worth, I'd point out the FigShare platform:
http://figshare.com/
It provides also a DOI, for easy citation of the works.

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Yann Chemin <yann.chemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good question Peter,
> A similar thing happens to most conferences in Asia,
> About 5 years of online life...
>
> Worrying for research in general...
> Yann
> On Jan 18, 2013 3:11 PM, Peter Löwe <peter.loewe at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Dear PSC,
>>
>> I just noticed that the Abstracts from the 2004 GRASS Users Conference in
>> Bangkok have disappeared from the net. Archived links like this one
>>

>> ftp://ftp.rrzn.uni-hannover.de/pub/mirror/grass/conferences/conf_bangkok2004.html
>>
>> have ceased to work.
>>
>> Is there (already) a save haven within the GRASS continuum were such
>> information can be preserved for further reference and study ? If this is
>> not the case, we should start thinking about it.
>>
>> FWIW, I'd glady provide an ISO of the proceedings CD of this particular
>> conference.
>>
>> I wonder if other long-time GRASS users have kept copies of the
>> Proceedings of even older conferences from the 19[8|9]0s ?
>>
>> Best,
>> Peter
>>

>> --
>> Dr. Peter Löwe
>> <peter.loewe at gmx.de>

Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.