[GRASS-PSC] Long time preservation of GRASS-related publications

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:32:28 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Massimiliano Cannata
> <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:
> > I should have something but i have to check at the office..
> > ...just wandering: can we just put these proceeding on the web or do we
> need
> > permission from hosting conference?
>
> Likely permission is needed if not a CC or likewise license was applied.
>
> >> For what it's worth, I'd point out the FigShare platform:
>
> But isn't that "just" a company? What if it disappears?

hmm you are right, but it seems to me very unlikely that the archive would
disappear just like that:
http://figshare.com/blog/Ensuring%20persistence%20on%20figshare/25
<http://figshare.com/blog/Ensuring%20persistence%20on%20figshare/25>

> There is also archive.org which is more independent.

sounds also good

> Or OSGeo could provide space...

even better

cheers,
madi

--
Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.