[GRASS-PSC] Permission request for using the Dev ML for a MSc thesis project

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sat Nov 16 11:06:49 PST 2013

Seems OK to me +1
____________________
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)

On Nov 16, 2013, at 7:21 AM, Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch<mailto:massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch>>
 wrote:

I don't have objections too. so +1

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be<mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>> wrote:
On 15/11/13 12:31, Marco Foi wrote:
Dear ML Administrators/PSC,

I am a GIS enthusiast and Computer Science student and I am writing you
to seek for your preliminary consensus to use the
grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org> <mailto:grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>> mailing

list for the purposes of my MSc thesis.

Specifically I am trying to directly collect the developers’ opinions
about a number of features that might characterize a good desktop
geo-processing framework.

The final goal is going a step beyond the usual Desktop GIS round-up to
attempt a review of all those open-source desktop environments that
attract developers and spatial-scientist by allowing them to efficiently
create new tools to process spatial information.

My plan is administering a simple questionnaire trough the ML and
collect voluntary contributes from the subscribers.

The synthesis of the results from this survey and from all the analogous
performed inside other Communities will be made publicly available at
the end of the study (February 2014) through a post on this ML (and
perhaps in a subsequent open-access paper).

All contributes from the ML will be managed complying to University
Ethical Committee (EC) regulations to ensure no leakage of personal
information will occur. This study has been approved by the EC with
protocol number COM/PG/UH/00034.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have no objections to this request, so +1 from me.

Moritz

Massimiliano Cannata
Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra