[GRASS-PSC] Sponsoring program

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 00:51:11 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be
> wrote:

> On 01/04/14 09:24, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Moritz Lennert
>> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlennert at club.worldonline.be>>
>> wrote:
>>

>>         I suggest to create a section in the website for long
>>         term/historical
>>         sponsors, and list the new sponsors in the web page only if they
>>         donate
>>         / contribute regularly (Say, once a year - I would indicate a
>>         certain
>>         lower threshold for the amount). Event-based donors and
>> micro-donors
>>         will be listed into the wiki page of the event.
>>

>>     That would mean that someone who gives a large amount, but only
>>     once, will not be mentioned anywhere ? I think that sometimes
>>     companies might want to pay back in a one-shot for the use they made
>>     of a free software, but without committing for long term
>>     sponsorship. I think that they should also be mentioned somewhere.
>>

>> I agree that they should be mentioned somewhere, but probably keeping
>> them in the page of the sponsors for ever is not the best choice. Maybe
>> in a separate section?
>>

> I guess a yearly revision of the list of sponsors would not be too much
> work, or ?

Thus that's more or less what I meant in the first place: a donor remains
in the "sponsors" page only if donates regularly (eg. every year),
otherwise it's moved to a list of "former donors" (which I believe is
necessary to keep track of, for transparency and history).

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.