[GRASS-PSC] RFC3: New voting rules

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 31 17:22:19 PDT 2014

+1

although I am wondering whether there should be some clarification that in

5. it is 51% of the members voting on this particular proposal (meaning that a vote from all PSC members
is not needed to pass a proposal)

"5. A proposal will be accepted if it receives majority (51% including the proposer) of votes (+1) and no vetoes (-1)."

while in
8. we are talking about all members of PSC which is clearly stated there.

"8.If a proposal is vetoed, and it cannot be revised to satisfy all parties, then it can be resubmitted for an override vote in which a majority of all eligible voters indicating +1 is sufficient to pass it. Note that this is a majority of all committee members, not just those who actively vote."

If I understood this correctly then I assume other understand it as well and no modification is needed.

Helena

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
2800 Faucette Drive, Rm. 1125 Jordan Hall
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
hmitaso at ncsu.edu