[GRASS-PSC] too many branches

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 07:18:51 PDT 2014

Dear Luca,

thank you for raising this issue,

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> with the upcoming GRASS 7 release we have to many branches to maintain
> (releasebranch6, devbranch6, releasebranch7 and trunk).
> Can I ask you to take a decision about the future of all this branches?
>
> I could suggest something like:
> - keep releasebranch6 only for important bugfixes, no new feature and
> starting to forget it
> - put in reading mode or remove (after backport the differences with
> grass64) devbranch6
> - releasebranch7 is the new stable release branch, so new features
> only when we are far from release a new version
> - trunk for new feature
>
> what do you think?

I'm in favor. Having too many branches from users point of view only raises
confusion, and for developers is much more effort required to keep track of
everything.

My 2c
Regards,
Madi

> Thanks a lot
> Best regards
>
> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/
> www.lucadelu.org

Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.