[GRASS-PSC] PSC management

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 21 05:39:23 PDT 2015

On 17/05/15 12:43, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi PSC,
>
> ... back to this topic of management, I have updated
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Agenda#Openissues
>
> Important are
> 1) PSC: assign roles to the PSC members (see there)

Looking at the list, I have the feeling that the following are the most
important:

- treasurer/financial manager: the issue of how to collect funds from
sponsors for code sprints comes up regularly

- release manager: Markus shouldn't have to handle this on his own any
longer

- documentation manager / education outreach: these can actually go
together. I think that the manual page system works relatively well
(some more detailed descriptions and notes and possibly some more
examples might be nice), but that we lack a coherent body of up-to-date
tutorial-like documentation. Such documentation could be very useful for
educational purposes as well

- translation manager: although I think that the translations system
seems to work.

But even if we designate documentation and translation managers we
cannot expect them to do all the work, so the real question is whether
having such managers will bring in more volunteers...

For the first two roles (financial and release) one person to support
Markus in these tasks would already make a big difference.

Markus, could you maybe list the different things that need to be done
in these roles ?

Moritz