[GRASS-PSC] [GRASS-dev] RFC 4: Release procedure

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 12:13:33 PDT 2015

Dear all,

>> I agree with Martin, I guess it's quite a bit of work involved in it and it
>> seems we now started to release more often than in previous years, which is
>> a good trend. So I would rather release more often with less RCs.
>
> I agree on this since each RC takes hours of work (check, package,
> upload, write and email announcements, updated many CMS Web pages,
> chase packagers etc etc).

what about following GDAL "approach"? Release manager usually writes
to ML "do you agree that upcoming RCX will be released as final?". If
no objection appears within few days, than the new version is
released. In RFC4 we should require RC1 at least. So first candidate
for final release would be upcoming RC2.

Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa