[GRASS-PSC] Procedure to request Community Sprint funding now documented

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 18 02:33:03 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> I think it would be necessary to have someoe with overview of the state of
> our finances (who does ?)

At time everybody :-)

Martin posted the link to the budget table:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-psc/2016-February/001430.html

> to give a thumbs up on the request before the PSC
> can vote. Otherwise, we risk voting yes on too many proposals...

OK, I think Martin and me can do that, we check finances regularly anyway.

> Maybe this thumbs up should be noted on the wiki page before the request is
> sent to the list ?
> Or the people requesting the funding should send the
> request to the financial responsible who then sends on the request to the
> PSC list with additional info about the state of finances.

Well, I get your point.

I could generate a new email alias like e.g. grass-treasurer at osgeo.org
pointing the PSC chair (currently me) and Martin Landa (account
holder) and any other interested PSC member.
Makes sense?

Then we could amend our procedure accordingly. I see the advantage
that this list would not be flooded with requests which we could
finance anyway.