[GRASS-PSC] [GRASS-dev] GRASS-GIS PSC-2016 Nominations

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Jul 31 12:33:39 PDT 2016

Update!

Following is the list of candidates, so far.  A reminder that the nomination
phase is still going on and there is time to propose for more
candidates.

After the list, provided are more details.  Which (ex-)PSC members re-stand for
election, which members will not do so along with the corresponding
communication.  Plus members that did not respond yet.

A great Thank You to outgoing PSC members Markus
Metz, Scott Mitchel and Massimiliano Cannata.

GRASS-GIS' CRO

--%<---

List of Candidates

- Helmut Kurdnovsky
- Peter Löwe
- Yann Chemin
- Michael Barton
- Moritz Lennert
- Margherita Di Leo
- Helena Mitasova
- Markus Neteler

Details

[Nominated non-PSC members]

- Helmut Kurdnovsky
- Peter Löwe
- Yann Chemin

[Ex-PSC members]

Hamish Bowman:

- No response yet.

Martin Landa:

- No response yet.

Michael Barton:

--- Forwarded message from Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> ---

<nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 20:38:19 +0000

>Nikos,
>
>Thanks again for coordinating this. I am happy to stand for re-election. I
>remain a very strong supporter of GRASS and its community, and am happy to
>serve as best I can. Currently, my main role is to maintain the Mac binaries
>for GRASS. Although I am not actively programming on the GUI at present, I
>still know it well enough to serve as a backup if need be. I am an advocate for
>the GRASS Mac community. And it‘s probably a good idea of maintain a mix of
>young talented developers and old timers like me with a sense of the history of
>GIS.
>
>Cheers
>Michael
>

>____________________
>C. Michael Barton
>Director, Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>Professor of Anthropology, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
>Arizona State University
>
>voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
>fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
>www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, http://csdc.asu.edu

--- End forwarded message ---

Moritz Lennert:

--- Forwarded message from Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> ---

<nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:42:17 +0200

>Dear Nikos,
>
>I‘m willing to stand for re-election.
>
>Best wishes,
>Moritz

--- End forwarded message ---

Margherita Di Leo:

--- Forwarded message from Margherita Di Leo <dileomargherita at gmail.com> ---

<nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 15:27:44 +0200

>Ciao Nikos,
>Thank you for your work as CRO, and for your email. I confirm I wish to
>stand for re-election.
>Thanks,
>Best

--- End forwarded message ---

Helena Mitasova:

--- Forwarded message from Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> ---

<nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 16:53:13 +0300

>Nikos,
>
>I would like to stand as a candidate for the 2016 GRASS GIS PSC election.
>
>Thank you for volunteering as our CRO!
>
>Helena

--- End forwarded message ---

Markus Neteler:

--- Forwarded message from Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> ---

<nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 01:32:37 +0200

>Dear Nikos,
>
>yes, I stand as a candidate for the 2016 PSC election.
>
>thanks,
>Markus

--- End forwarded message ---

[Outgoing members]

Markus Metz:

--- Forwarded message from Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> ---

<nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 22:20:44 +0200

>Dear Nikos,
>
>thanks a lot for taking on the role of GRASS-GIS‘ CRO! For private
>reasons I will not stand as a candidate for the upcoming GRASS-GIS PSC
>selection for 2016.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Markus Metz

--- End forwarded message ---

Scott Mitchel:

--- Forwarded message from Scott Mitchell <smitch at mac.com> ---

<nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:04:34 -0400

>Dear Nikos,
>
>First, thanks for doing this.
>
>Due to changes to my professional responsibilities, and a corresponding
>alteration to how well I have been able to keep up with PSC activities, I will
>not be standing for re•nomination. I will happy to see fresh blood take my
>place.
>
>Scott Mitchell (mobile)

--- End forwarded message ---

Massimiliano Canata:

--- Forwarded message from Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> ---

Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>>Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 23:49:18 +0200

>Dear nikos
>I will not stand for re•election as i believe that new forces are welcome
>and desired.
>Sorry to be late on answering.
>
>Best
>Maxi