[GRASS-PSC] GRASS PSC elections in 2016

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Jun 9 09:14:32 PDT 2016

My 2 cents. While that might seem like a good idea for now, given that there has been no change to the PSC for a number of years, I'm not convinced that is the best strategy for the long term. For a body like this, it is very important to have continuity of technical knowledge, but more importantly of project culture, ethos, and history. That is best achieved by staggered elections in which some portion (third, half) of the PCS is elected every couple years. It sounds like we need to replace about 1/3 of the PCS now due to some of the group moving on. So that would be a convenient number to get.

 Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)