[GRASS-PSC] GRASS PSC elections in 2016

Scott Mitchell scott.mitchell at glel.carleton.ca
Thu Jun 23 09:50:10 PDT 2016

I agree, it seems to be time.

--

Scott Mitchell

Geomatics Program Supervisor

Department of Geography & Environmental Studies

Co-Director, Geomatics & Landscape Ecology Research Lab

Loeb B359 — 613 520 2600 x2695

Scott.Mitchell at carleton.ca

On 2016-06-23, 12:47, "grass-psc on behalf of Massimiliano Cannata" <grass-psc-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:

I support you Markus, it looks to me the quickest way to restart.

Maxi

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:
>> My 2 cents. While that might seem like a good idea for now, given that there has been no change to the PSC for a number of years, I'm not convinced that is the best strategy for the long term. For a body like this, it is very important to have continuity of technical knowledge, but more importantly of project culture, ethos, and history. That is best achieved by staggered elections in which some portion (third, half) of the PCS is elected every couple years. It sounds like we need to replace about 1/3 of the PCS now due to some of the group moving on. So that would be a convenient number to get.
>
> This is how the OSGeo board renewal works.
>
> Since we are currently rather stuck with a lot of inactive members I
> suggest to proceed and renew asap.

[ ... 12 days later ...]

The lack of feedback supports my idea to suggest to dissolve the current PSC :-)

Best

Massimiliano Cannata

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra