[GRASS-PSC] next PSC task

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Nov 2 03:51:56 PDT 2016

* Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> [2016-09-19 11:12:09 +0200]:

>On 18/09/16 20:50, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, to certain extent. However, I think it is not purely technical and it
>>> is coupled with OSGeo and other OSGeo projects.
>>
>> Right- But the PSC is only involved once the technical aspects are clear.
>
>One of the questions I would think we should think about from the
>beginning is whether we really want to run with a double system (svn and
>git) or whether it might be easier in the long run, to completely switch
>over to git...

>From my point of view, git is easier.  I have experiences now, like many
in the GRASS community, controlling almost everything ascii using git
(not only code).  My experiences in resolving conflicts, though, when it
comes to merge branches, are, indeed, limited.  I did a few stuff, but
not enough.

But we should just go for it, in the beginning, at least, experimental
and playing around in a sandbox-like repository.

Cheers, Nikos