[GRASS-PSC] PSC management

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 17 03:15:55 PST 2016

Dear PSC,

I would like to restart the discussion on "PSC member roles" to be assigned:

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 17/05/15 12:43, Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>> Hi PSC,
>>
>> ... back to this topic of management, I have updated
>>
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Agenda#Openissues
>>
>> Important are
>> 1) PSC: assign roles to the PSC members (see there)
>

> Looking at the list, I have the feeling that the following are the most
> important:
>
> - treasurer/financial manager: the issue of how to collect funds from
> sponsors for code sprints comes up regularly
>
> - release manager: Markus shouldn't have to handle this on his own any
> longer
>
> - documentation manager / education outreach: these can actually go
> together. I think that the manual page system works relatively well (some
> more detailed descriptions and notes and possibly some more examples might
> be nice), but that we lack a coherent body of up-to-date tutorial-like
> documentation. Such documentation could be very useful for educational
> purposes as well
>
> - translation manager: although I think that the translations system seems
> to work.
>
> But even if we designate documentation and translation managers we cannot
> expect them to do all the work, so the real question is whether having such
> managers will bring in more volunteers...
>
> For the first two roles (financial and release) one person to support Markus
> in these tasks would already make a big difference.
>
> Markus, could you maybe list the different things that need to be done in
> these roles ?

Yes:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Roles

Now I think that all new and confirmed members may contribute to this
question and edit the trac page directly (and report here)
 :-)