[GRASS-PSC] next PSC task

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Sep 16 14:47:53 PDT 2016

Dear PSC,

after the election of the new PSC, before defining the new chair, may I (as
a community member) ask you what will be the next task of the PSC?

when will be the new chair announced?

I think an important first/next step to broaden the dev community may be to
investigate how new source code management technologies like GIT could be
implemented beside/instead of svn.

There are ongoing some OSGeo initiatives to provide GIT infrastructure for
OSGeo projects? Will be the GRASS GIS project will use such new
technologies?

Python 3 is heavily knocking on the door.

Will there be some lead of the new PSC regarding these challenges?

Thanks for clarifications!

-----
best regards
Helmut