[GRASS-PSC] Let's approve new core developers

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 15 01:54:17 PDT 2017

HI PSC,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> PSC,
>
> we didn't invite new core developers for a while, I think this should
> be done asap.
>
> Again a somewhat sensitive topic, how shall we proceed? I have some
> ideas but did not approach those people yet.
>
> Open discussion without names :-)

ok.. given the "wild" discussion, perhaps a different procedure is desired?
Like:
- propose and go for voting? Note that according to RFC1 [1] + the
HwoToContribute [2] we need to vote for a new core developer;
- migrate to git and no more need to use this procedure?
- your idea here.

Best,
Markus

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/1_ProjectSteeringCommitteeGuidelines