[GRASS-PSC] Migration to git/gog

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Jun 15 03:28:19 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I would like that we set-up a "test" repo where users like me (I guess
there are others like) who like to mess up working things, can play
around and improve skills in complex git merging scenarios.

Thank you, Nikos

* Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> [2017-06-15 11:12:20 +0200]:

>n Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:41 PM, "Peter Löwe" <peter.loewe at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Dear PSC,
>>
>> I would like to propose two topics for discussion by the board:
>>
>> a) Option to migrate to a git/gog-based repository. This proposal is being forwarded from Helli (cc), based on the current successful migration by the Postgis project ( https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2016-October/025981.html), to ensure that the developers can use a state of the art repository.
>
>.... since this is a recurring question: I'd suggest that we make some
>progress here.
>Maybe set up a task force collecting some knowledgeable git
>enthusiasts supporting us here?
>
>thanks,
>Markus

Nikos Alexandris | Remote Sensing & Geomatics
GPG Key Fingerprint 6F9D4506F3CA28380974D31A9053534B693C4FB3