[GRASS-PSC] Fwd: [Board] Budgeting project event support for 2018

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:16:28 PST 2017

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
> > Markus Neteler wrote
> >> I have added 3500 USD for now in
> >>
> >> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2018
> >
> > not a GRASS PSC member, but what about 5000 USD to get a nice dev group
> at
> > one place in order to reach/start the next target: GRASS 8?
>
> Could be! But we need to come up with a more detailed plan how we plan
> to use the money, otherwise it will not be accepted.
>
> I have drafted our budget for 2018 here:
>
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2018
>
> We could use that page to detail how we want to use the funding to be
> requested.

I updated the budged draft. I added 2000 for travel money, 1500 for the
sprint (based on 1st Genova sprint) and added price for promo things based
on recent events (stickers for Boston) or online price estimates (
alliedshirts.com). I was not sure how to mark it as a suggestion. Is more
detail needed?

Best,
Vaclav