[GRASS-PSC] git migration

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Apr 7 13:02:31 PDT 2019

Hi PSC,

a months has passed since the publication of the draft

RFC 6: Migration from SVN to GitHub
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/RFC/6_MigrationGitHub

Since then comments have been received and integrated into the document.

Let me suggest to come to a vote in the next days in order to move on
with the SVN to git migration.

I would also suggest to postpone
- label details in the issue tracker (can be done later)
- trac wiki migration (can be done later)
to a date after the git migration has been done, otherwise we remain stuck.

In a nutshell: RFC6 proposes to migrate to github under OSGeo
organization. It also proposes an exit strategy incl. to implement a
continuous mirror on GitLab.com.

Best