[GRASS-PSC] PSC elections

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Dec 13 10:24:51 PST 2020

Hi Hernán,

Am 13. Dezember 2020 18:41:02 MEZ schrieb "Hernán De Angelis" <variablestarlight at gmail.com>:
>Dear Nikos,
>
>Thank you for your message and considerations. I believe I understand
>the basis of this process.
>
>It seems that we will need to update the 2020 Election wiki
><https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2020> before we start.
>How do we proceed with that?

If you don't have one already, you need an OSGeo User ID to log in:

https://www.osgeo.org/community/getting-started-osgeo/osgeo_userid/

While waiting for that, you should begin by defining the calendar (also based on your possible constraints).

In 2016 [1] we had a four week nomination period of which the last week was used to give candidates the opportunity to reevaluate if they really want to stand for elections. Then a one week period for the vote. So depending on when you can announce, this will mean mid-December to mid-January for nomination and then a week end of January for the vote.

Moritz

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2016