[GRASS-PSC] PSC elections

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Dec 15 06:28:40 PST 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 12:43 PM Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 14/12/20 09:44, Chief Return Officer (CRO) - GRASS GIS election 2020
> > On 2020-12-13 23:12, Veronica Andreo wrote:
> >> El dom, 13 dic 2020 a las 21:19, Moritz Lennert
> > A couple of related questions:
> >
> > 1. is there any easily accessible/searchable list over people who have
> > the right to vote? How it is supposed the CRO will check this?
>
> The three files that Vero mentioned are all in the root of the github
> repository:
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/contributors.csv
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/contributors_extra.csv
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/translators.csv
>
> I don't know if there are many contributors of pull requests via github
> that are not in those files, same for translators that might be active
> on Transifex, but not in the relevant list.
>
> @MarkusN what is the status of these lists ?

I keep these two up to date to my best knowledge:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/contributors.csv
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/contributors_extra.csv

while this one is less maintained due to the separate Transifex portal:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/translators.csv

> For github PR contributors, maybe the tool MarkusN mentioned could help
> getting a list from github.

Shall we try it?

> > 2. Now that we are talking about lists of names, at least in EU we have
> > to follow GDPR. We should add somewhere a note stating that names are
> > going to be stored and shown, and also describing how. Perhaps this is
> > already considered?
>
> We do not add anything to the three lists above, and they are already
> public, so I don't think we have to worry about that too much.
>
> Indepently of the election, in the context of GDPR we maybe have to send
> a mail to all mailing lists reminding people that these lists exist and
> that they can inform us if they want to be taken off. I'm really no GPDR
> expert, though.

I dunno: it is part of the procedure to be listed there (means: not a surprise).
If anyone wants to take over the management of the CSV lists
(with/-out the full GDPR package) I'd be quite happy :-)