[GRASS-PSC] [GRASS GIS Elections 2020] Nominations start today 2020-12-21 at 12:00 UTC

Chief Return Officer (CRO) - GRASS GIS election 2020 variablestarlight at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 00:25:05 PST 2020

Dear members of the GRASS GIS community,

Today we start the election process for members of the new Project
Steering Committee (PSC).

We will start with nominations today, 21 December, at 12:00 UTC. The
nomination period will end on 11 January 2021 at 12:00 UTC.

 From the election wiki:

"/During the Nomination phase, //*any*//member of the GRASS-GIS
community, can nominate //*any*//community member for being a candidate
for the PSC. /

//

/To set a nomination in motion, an e-mail should be directed to the CRO
(cro.grass at osgeo.org) including //*name*//, //*contact e-mail*//and
shortly //*why*//a person is recommended as a PSC member. The CRO will
then contact the recommended person asking for confirmation. The
nominated person has to accept the candidacy for the PSC and will be
asked to write a few lines stating what she/he wants to achieve as part
of it. /

//

/In short, a nomination and its acceptance //*are required to be sent
directly to the CRO*//, in private. Following, it is the CRO's task to
officially announce a nomination. /

//

///*Note*//, current PSC members will be asked if they wish to stand as
a candidate for the upcoming election./"

Please, read the wiki in the link below to learn more about how the
election is planned and how they proceed:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2020

Regards,

Hernán
Chief Return Officer (CRO)