[GRASS-PSC] proposal: winGRASS 32bit versions - phasing out in 2020

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu May 14 13:23:42 PDT 2020

Martin Landa wrote
> Hi Helmut,
>
> pá 1. 5. 2020 v 22:16 odesílatel Helmut Kudrnovsky <

> hellik@

> > napsal:
>> not yet, as I think there should be a PSC descision/discussion before
>> such a
>> far-reaching action. :-)
>
> thanks for raising this issue. I agree that we should drop 32bit at
> certain point. The question is when. I would personally do this step
> together with QGIS community. Are you aware of any QGIS plans?

I'm not aware of any QGIS plan yet. I'll ask on the QGIS dev-ML in the next
days.

related:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/rip-microsoft-to-drop-support-for-windows-10-on-32-bit-systems/

"Microsoft to drop support for Windows 10 on 32-bit systems":

Microsoft has stated that future versions of Windows 10, starting with the
May 2020 Update, will no longer be available as 32-bit builds on new OEM
computers.

all in all a good moment to phase out winGRASS 32bit versions.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--