[GRASS-PSC] Fwd: [Board] GitHub sponsors

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun May 31 07:55:49 PDT 2020

Hi PSC,

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 3:10 PM Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> On 25/05/20 15:02, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> > On 25/05/20 11:12, Markus Neteler wrote:
> >> Hi PSC,
> >>
> >> Potentially interesting for us as well! Any opinions?
> >
> > Looks good after a rapid look.
> >
> > I don't understand whether the limitation to some regions [1] concerns
> > the organisations receiving the sponsoring, or the people who sponsor.
> > We did receive some donations from outside that list.

I have no idea...

BTW, there is a parallel discussion in the board list:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-May/thread.html#12678

OSGeo applied as an organization and is now in the waiting list.

> > The advantage would be to really make this into a GRASS sponsorship
> > account, instead of going through a money pool linked to my personal
> > PayPal account as currently.

Yes, that would be definitely a good idea.

Markus