[GRASS-PSC] Proposed mail: Support GRASS GIS financially !

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:38:20 PST 2021

Hi Moritz,

It looks good and I agree with Vero. I just have one more comment. Why
don't we add direct links to companies, associations, and institutions?
Since the individual list is long, which is great, that single link kind of
gave me an impression that it's only for individuals? I just had to scroll
down to find other entities, which, I assume, can contribute more
significant amounts. It'll also help potential individual sponsors see that
GRASS also has received/is receiving corporate sponsorship, and feel the
significance of the project.

Other than that, +1 from me.

Best,
Huidae

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 7:42 AM Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Moritz
>
> Thanks for this initiative! I really like it!
>
> Only minor things:
> - Since we sign as PSC, then I'd replace "I" at the beginning with "we"
> - remove the word "some" from points 2 and 4
>
> For the rest, I have no objections at all :)
> +1 from my side
>
> Cheers,
> Vero
>
> El jue, 4 feb 2021 a las 13:13, Moritz Lennert (<
> mlennert at club.worldonline.be>) escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As we just received our first sponsorship in 2021, I propose to send the
>> following mail to grass-user & grass-dev. Any objections ?
>>
>> Moritz
>>
>> **********************
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> We just received our very first sponsorship contribution of 2021 (thank
>> you !) and I want to profit of the occasion to remind you that the GRASS
>> GIS project also needs some financial support in order to:
>>
>> - organize very valuable face-to-face meetings and sprints gathering
>> developers and the wider community for a few days to concentrate on
>> improving GRASS GIS
>>
>> - fund some specific fixes or enhancements (this year the use of
>> micro-budgets for such fixes is planned)
>>
>> - maintain our website
>>
>> - produce some marketing material to spread the word
>>
>> You can see the list of past sponsors here:
>>

>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Sponsors#Individuals_who_have_sponsored_GRASS_GIS
>>
>> As you can see, no amount is too small: if all GRASS GIS users give just
>> a small amount regularly, we will already have a sizeable budget to work
>> with ! And I challenge you to find software that does all that GRASS GIS
>> does for 5€/$ or 10 €/$ a year ;-)
>>
>> So, just go to https://grass.osgeo.org/contribute/sponsoring/ and help
>> us make GRASS GIS better.
>>
>> If you want to see more details about how we use the money, note that
>> the project budgets are public. For 2021 see
>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2021.
>>
>> The GRASS GIS Project Steering Committee

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., GISP, /hidɛ t͡ɕo/, 조희대, 曺喜大
GRASS GIS Developer
https://idea.isnew.info