[GRASS-PSC] [GRASS-user] Support GRASS GIS financially !

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 21:10:40 PST 2021

Hi Helena,

On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 at 04:29, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Venka,
>
> it is really nice to hear from you. I just checked the OSGeo github sponsor options and it includes also a credit card:
>
> https://github.com/sponsors/OSGeo
>
> Perhaps we can do the Sponsor option for GRASS the same way - I can ask Astrid how she set it up is it is not clear.
> OSGeo board subgroup just had a meeting about expanding sponsroship opportunities and sponsorship recognition,
> so there may be more options coming.

more info are available here
https://github.blog/2020-03-24-getting-started-with-github-sponsors

It seems quite easy but we need to choose if we use a bank account
(for example OSGeo or OSGeo EU) or open a fiscal host like Open Source
Collective.

https://docs.opencollective.com/help/collectives/github-sponsors

--
ciao