[GRASS-PSC] Moving sponsoring to Open Collective

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Sep 3 23:53:03 PDT 2021

Dear Moritz, dear All,

(as a user) I wonder if this new way can facilitate to "sponsor" work on
specific issues/user-needs.

In example, in issue https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/1616,
Maximilian
Stahlberg would like to be able to catch signals (i.e. SIGINT) with(in)
Python the script to perform on-demand tasks such as reporting the
current
status. He proposes a solution as well. Say a developer is interested in
fixing
this and he sets a cost for it. The user decides to sponsor this
specific work
and things happen.

Would this be something worth considering for the GRASS GIS development
team?
Is there a way actually to connect https://opencollective.com with
https://github.com/sponsors? GitHub has already an account
https://opencollective.com/github.