[GRASS-PSC] Fwd: New NSF wide program: Pathways to Enable Open-Source Ecosystems NSF 22-572

Huidae Cho grass4u at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 06:36:58 PST 2022

Michael,

Thanks for sharing this information. I agree with you that it can be a
unique opportunity for GRASS although I'm not entirely sure what they
exactly want.

* The goal of the PEOSE program is to fund new OSE managing organizations*

It is clear that they don't aim to support the actual development of
software. Instead, it sounds like they aim to fund *new* open-source
ecosystems (OSE) *managing organizations*. Something like OSGeo, but more
specific to GRASS in our case... for example, GRASS Ecosystem for Users and
Scientists (GEUS)? Propose a new OSE managing organization and how to
sustain it?

Best,
Huidae

Huidae Cho, Ph.D., GISP, /hidɛ <http://ipa-reader.xyz/?text=hid%C9%9B>