[GRASS-PSC] About next GRASS PSC elections

Hernán De Angelis variablestarlight at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 05:19:35 PST 2023

Dear PSC members

If I understand correctly there should be about one year (or perhaps
less) time left until the next GRASS PSC elections.

After last elections (in which I acted as CRO) we noted the following
regarding the election process:

* the list of registered voters needs to be kept updated and organized:
only one entry per person with one valid e-mail address

* a link to the statements + the link to the OSGeo Wiki page shall be
included in the invitation to vote

* a discussion and decision are necessary regarding voting procedure,
for example as to how many members are to be chosen (fixed number vs any
number)

See: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2020

Perhaps it is not too soon to start thinking about the suggested
discussion and arrangements, #1 and #3.

Depending on the exact time chosen for the next election and if there is
no opposition I may be available to act as CRO again.

Best regards,

Hernán