[GRASS-PSC] Stepping down

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Feb 8 13:11:31 PST 2023

Hi !

The next PSC meeting is coming up and I will probably again not have the opportunity to attend as I am in Bamako and normally in a meeting at that time.

As mentioned in a separate thread a while ago, I think it would be better if I stepped down from the board and left the place for someone more active. This will be with a big tear in my eye, but even though in my current work we use GRASS GIS, I just didn't have the time to spend any time on project governance anymore. And now I'm going into a new professional direction that will take me further away from GRASS (and GIS in general).

I hope to still be able to follow the life of the community and see you all at one occasion or another.

In Feb 2021 we decided the following:

"How to handle resignations ?

     Decision: Replace by the first on the "waiting list" (list of people standing for elections, but not elected, ranked by number of votes)"
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Minutes/PSC_Meeting_20210203)

>From https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2020, I see that this would mean Helmut Kudrnovsky should take my place.

All the best,
Moritz