[GRASS-PSC] Welcome Helmut Kudrnovsky

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Feb 14 12:12:41 PST 2023

Hi Vaclav, dear PSC,

>Dear all,
>
>It is my pleasure to welcome Helmut Kudrnovsky as a new Project Steering Committee member.
>
>This was confirmed at the PSC meeting last Friday. The relevant portion of meeting minutes[https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Minutes/PSC_Meeting_20230210] is here: "We welcomed Helli as a new PSC member following the procedure defined in Feb 2021[https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Minutes/PSC_Meeting_20210203] and the results of 2020's election[https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2020#Results]."
>
>Welcome, Heli!
>
>Vaclav

thank you very much for your kind words!

It is a major honor for me to serve on the GRASS GIS PSC!

Back in October 2004, IIRC, I've posted my first question on the GRASS user ML. oh, it's really really quite long ago. :-)

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2004-October/026854.html

	> [GRASSLIST:4667] from line to polygon
	>
	> Hi GRASS friends,
	>
	> I am very new in using GRASS (5.3, 5.7, LINUX). I have two questions:
	>
	> 1) I have a line-Shape-file, in which areas (vegetation types) are
	> digitized. After importing into GRASS, is it possible to convert the lines
	> into polygones?
	>
	> 2) Is it possible to export these polygones in Arc/Info-e00-format?
	>
	> Thanks with greetings from Tyrol
	> Helli

the cool thing is, that you can learn so much about GIS from the great community. :-)

I've never studied GIS; all, I know about GIS, data and projections, I've learned by following the mailing lists of free and
open source software like GRASS GIS, GDAL and PROJ. Nowadays, I use GIS in my daily life as ecologist still using these tools. :-)

Best
Helli

------
https://www.osgeo.org/member/kudrnovsky/