[GRASS-PSC] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Budget 2023

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 9 06:23:01 PST 2023

Hi PSC,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2023 at 8:07 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi PSC,
>
> The deadline for the 2023 budget proposal for the OSGeo board is
> January 20, see below.

Thanks to Vero we have a new Wiki page
(https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2023) and also the
related ODS file updated in our PSC nextcloud.osgeo.org account.

Concerning the budget, I would like to bring forward the following idea:

Weblate (our translation tool,
https://weblate.osgeo.org/projects/grass-gis/) offers a plugin for
machine translation, e.g. using DeepL.
Given the amount of untranslated messages I'd suggest that we give it
a try. Certainly, these messages need to be validated but I can image
that the speed is way higher than doing it all manually.

Proposal: identify a small sub-budget to play around with machine
translations in Weblate, using one of the related machine translation
APIs (https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/admin/machine.html).

Best,