[GRASS-PSC] About next GRASS PSC elections

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 06:03:38 PST 2024

Dear Hernán,

As discussed during the last PSC meeting (
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Minutes/PSC_Meeting_20240209), we
will be doing the elections by fall, so we can discuss the topics that you
raised together with the election debrief from the last time (
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Minutes/PSC_Meeting_20210203#Electiondebrief
).

Would you be available to act as CRO again by then?

Best regards,
Vero

El jue, 14 dic 2023 a las 9:43, Veronica Andreo (<veroandreo at gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Dear Hernán,
>
> Thanks for your follow up and kind offer!! Much appreciated!!
>
> I will add these topics to the agenda of the next PSC meeting that will
> happen in February, 2024.
>
> Best regards,
> Vero
>
> El lun, 11 dic 2023 a las 10:19, Hernán De Angelis via grass-psc (<
> grass-psc at lists.osgeo.org>) escribió:
>
>> Dear PSC members
>>
>> If I understand correctly there should be about one year (or perhaps
>> less) time left until the next GRASS PSC elections.
>>
>> After last elections (in which I acted as CRO) we noted the following
>> regarding the election process:
>>
>> * the list of registered voters needs to be kept updated and organized:
>> only one entry per person with one valid e-mail address
>>
>> * a link to the statements + the link to the OSGeo Wiki page shall be
>> included in the invitation to vote
>>
>> * a discussion and decision are necessary regarding voting procedure,
>> for example as to how many members are to be chosen (fixed number vs any
>> number)
>>
>> See: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Election2020
>>
>> Perhaps it is not too soon to start thinking about the suggested
>> discussion and arrangements, #1 and #3.
>>
>> Depending on the exact time chosen for the next election and if there is
>> no opposition I may be available to act as CRO again.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Hernán

Dra. Verónica Andreo
Investigadora Adjunta de CONICET