[GRASS-PSC] [OSGeo-Discuss] Mailing lists to discourse migration

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 07:34:53 PST 2024

Happy New Year everyone!
I agree we can discuss that during the meeting, although it would be good
for everyone to read through the OSGeo discussion first so that we can
have a more informed discussion during the PSC meeting. Generally, I would
be in favor of completely migrating, because the mailing lists have issues
the new platform mostly solves and it looks more modern, so better for new
users. It opens a bunch of questions, though, e.g. do we want to migrate
all our mailing lists, do we want to ask on mailing lists what people want
first, what would be the role of our other channels (GitHub Discussions,
Gitter). Even with the new forum (which you can still use as a mailing
list), GitHub Discussions make sense in some cases I think, since you can
easily migrate issues to a discussion or the other way. Gitter may be more
useful for events as code sprints, when actual chat happens.

Best,
Anna