[STATSGRASS] [newbie] can't use rast.put

Lionel l.bargeot at educagri.fr
Thu Jul 11 03:23:31 EDT 2002

High,

I'm a new user of the Grass/R interface. We have worked on a geostatistical
methode for estimating weekly/monthly rainfall.
Our work is nearly finished. We just have to import our result in a grass
mapset from R.
But we have the following problem : gmeta, rast.get work quiet well, but
rast.put send us error messages about numeric format.

So I've tested the following operation. I've imported a DEM using rast.get,
and exported it using rast.put

R >G<-gmeta(interp=FALSE)
R >test<-rast.get(G, rlist="dem", catlabels=FALSE, interp=TRUE)
R >rast.put(G, "test", test, "Test",cat=FALSE)
Error in rast.put(G, "test", test, "Test", cat = FALSE) :
        layer is neither numeric nor factor
R >is.numeric(test)
[1] FALSE
R >str(test)
List of 1
 $ dem: num [1:153387] 243 248 250 250 250 245 236 227 237 242 ...
R >

Do you have an idea where I make a mistake ?

I work with grass 0.1-8 R module,
R-1.4.1 and Grass 5.0

Thanks in advance
LB