[STATSGRASS] Re: Problems with raster map

Edzer J. Pebesma e.pebesma at geog.uu.nl
Tue Apr 8 05:00:05 EDT 2003

Agustin, your message suggests that gstat addresses strange,
large values in a map that other applications do not. Could
these be values that should be flagged as missing values?

Did you set the null values properly, as you explained
in the previous message:

Agustin Lobo wrote:

> Therefore,
> it's important to set a proper mask.
> Something like:
> r.mapcalc "MASK = if(isnull(raster),null(),1)"

I'm not a routine grass user. I know that when reading maps, gstat
checks the function G_is_null_value(), which should tell a map value
from a null. Still, I cannot see why the if(isnull()... would be needed
for gstat and not for other apps, should this be the case.
--
Edzer