[STATSGRASS] sites.put2 ERROR!!!

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Oct 29 16:59:46 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> Hi users,
> I'm new of this list and I will appreciate any
> help.

Sorry not to have replied earlier, but I couldn't see what was going on.

> Here it is what I've done:
>
> >library(GRASS); G<-gmeta(); mod<-lm(.....................)
> >dataSite<-data.frame(x=matrix(1:11),y=matrix(1:11),
> >  z=as.vector(mod$coefficient));

Your data frame has three columns, named x, y and z.

> >sites.put2(G,data=dataSite,id=NULL,dims=c("x","y","z"),lname="parametri",all.sites=TRUE,check=FALSE)
>
> Error in
> which(unlist(lapply(data.attr,is.numeric))):
>     argument to "which" is not logical

The sites.put2() function drops the id if given, and the dimensions, from
the data attributes. Here x, y, and z are specified as dimensions, so
there are no data attributes left. Consequently, is.numeric is looking at
a NULL data frame with no columns. This is a bug, because either an error
or a warning should be given, a warning if we permit sites without
attributes (and the test put in an if() loop), an error otherwise. So for
the time being use sites.put() with east=x, north=y, and var=z - but this
will make z an attribute and you want it to be a dimension - is this
correct? I'll make the modification to the code for the next release.

Thanks for reporting this.

Roger Bivand

> But if I type:
>
> >lapply(unlist(dataS,is.numeric))
>     x        y        z
> TRUE    TRUE    TRUE
>
> So, what I'm doing wrong?
> Of course I can use sites.put() but just for
> knowledge.......
>
> Thanks you all.
>

> --
using the password sent each month.