[STATSGRASS] Raster time series and R - timezones?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 22:45:57 EDT 2006

Markus wrote:

> > > [1] "2006-04-07 10:30:00"
> > > -> UTC lost
> >
> > add %Z to include timezone?
>
> This is the lacking feature... strptime doesn't care of %Z.

Then it's R's strptime() which has a problem.

I found %Z on the glibc <time.h> strptime() help page.

Maybe it is best to write a little bash script using `date --iso` or
tiny C program using time.h's strptime() to pre-process the data?
I take it R lets you do system() calls somehow.
versus fighting R for a feature which doesn't exist.

does R have a gmtime() or localtime() equivalent?

Hamish