[STATSGRASS] Re: [GRASSLIST:10737] krigging result looks weird

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 7 16:02:20 EST 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Edzer J. Pebesma wrote:

> At the risk of being too obvious/ignorant, is the issue that kriging
> reproduces
> observed values where grid cell centres exactly coincide with data points?
> A solution to that may be to shift the grid (or data) over a very small
> distance.

No, I asked Carlos to move this here because I suspected that there might
be a direct explanation. Carlos, could you try jittering the input data
points, would just moving them within a target 30m cell be enough, say
within +/-15m? x+runif(*, -15, +15), y the same, and hope that both
runif()s don't say 0?

Thanks!

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no