[STATSGRASS] krigged dem lost detail

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 18:29:36 EST 2006

Hello,

I am comparing the results we get when re-interpolating a DEM to a
higher resolution. I did it with krigging (in R, with gstat) and with
RST. In the final result it looks like the krigged DEM has lost
detail, while the RST DEM kept those.
see it:
http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/tempo/krigging.jpg
http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/tempo/rst.jpg

I don't know why this happens, since they were interpolated wit the
same resolution, based on the same dataset.

thanks

Carlos

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke